PMDC Latest MBBS and BDS (Admissions, House job and Internship) Regulations
The candidate applying for admission must fulfills the following eligibility criteria, namely:-
- He / She must have passed obtaining minimum seventy percent marks, in higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc (Pre-medical) or equivalent examination having minimum twelve years of education;
- He / She must have passed, obtaining minimum seventy percent marks in aggregate in, an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with at least three science subjects i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by the inter-boards committee of chairmen (IBCC) as equivalent to higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- Foreign or overseas Pakistani students having completed their last two years of schooling from abroad. Desirous of taking admission in MBBS or BDS courses against open merit or foreign quota seat must have passed, obtaining minimum seventy percent marks in aggregate ,in an examination of a course from a foreign university or its examining body or its education system in at least three subjects I.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by IBCC as equivalent to HSSC, F.Sc. or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- Equivalence by IBCC under sub-regulations (I) and (2) shall be accepted in aggregate and the candidate shall be eligible to take the admission test for MBBS or BDS course with any study group irrespective of the recommendations of the IBCC.
- No candidate shall be considered eligible on merit if the student has not acquired a minimum of 60% marks in the Admissions Test and obtained an aggregate merit of not less than 70% for Medical and 60% for dental.
- Pakistani students having passed from foreign education system (i.e. O- levels, A-levels etc.) in Pakistan shall not be eligible for foreign quota seats
- Without prejudice to any other eligibility criteria under these regulations, a foreign or overseas Pakistan students desirous of taking admission to MBBS and BDS course against open merit or foreign quota or self-finance seats shall have to meet the following additional eligibility criteria, namely:-
- The candidate must pass English language proficiency test e.g. valid TOEFL or I ELTS with a minimum score of 500 or 5.5 or have a certification by National University of Modem Languages (NUML) after one year English language course, where medium of instructions for obtaining required academic qualifications for admission test is not English
- Candidates having foreign or overseas Pakistani students and qualified from a broad may also apply if they have passed a foreign SATII examination with minimum 550 marks in each of the three subject’s i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics or a foreign MCAT with minimum score of 500.
- SAT and foreign MCAT scores from abroad, where applicable, shall be valid for two years from the date of passing of those examinations
- No candidate shall be eligible for foreign quota seats unless, he holds a permanent foreign nationality or is an overseas (being a Pakistani citizen permanently resident in a foreign country) Pakistani student, and who has studied and passed HSSC12th grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and is a resident of a foreign country at the time of applying for admission and possess a certificate from the institution last attended to this effect.
Application Process and Merit Criteria
- A candidate desirous of admission in MBBS and BDS course in FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry shall apply to UHS. The UHS shall process the applications strictly on merit by preparing separate merit list.
- The candidate shall apply to UHS for admission by submitting his/her SSC, HSSC or F.Sc. and his admission test result. UHS shall prepare a merit list by a weightage formula as under:-
50 % F.Sc (pre Medical) / HSSC/ Equivalent
50 % Admission test
Cancellation of Admission
- If any document/information provided by the candidate is found false/fake/fabricated at any stage of MBBS/BDS admissions and / or during the course of studies, the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled and he/she will be debarred from admission for a period of seven (07) years besides initiation of any action under the law including criminal proceedings against him/her.
- If the candidate is found medically unfit at any stage of MBBS/BDS course, the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled on the recommendation of the appropriate Medical Board to be constituted by the UHS on case to case basis.
- If a candidate fails to report for admission and/or deposit the fee on due date, the admission of the candidate shall be cancelled.