MEDICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
Department of medical education at FMHCM & D aims to create a dynamic, conducive & quality education environment, evolving with value added technology and current educational practices. Since its establishment in 2014, it has rendered valuable services to create a center fostering excellence in teaching, learning, and evaluation for both faculty & students in the institution. It plays a dynamic role in creating professionals who can address societal needs to the best of their ability.
The Department of Medical Education operates through Curriculum Development Committee, Examination Department, Program Evaluation/QEC and Research & Development by contributing to:
- Curriculum development or revision, including assessment and program evaluation and educational research to generate evidence for informed decision making.
- Training of the faculty to implement curricula, by conducting continuing educational activities in the form of workshops, seminars, symposia & conferences, addressing:
o Revision of curricula
o Designing credible assessments
o Quality assurance by means of program evaluation
- Training of the students (both medical and dental) in lifelong learning strategies, development of leadership skills, critical thinking, medical informatics, medical ethics and Professionalism.
- Provision of educational and career counseling services to students, as and when needed.
- Facilitating implementation of innovative teaching, learning and assessment methodologies.
DME targets to meet the evolving educational needs of the health professionals by developing a pool of trained faculty members conversant with changes in curriculum practices, learner-centered approaches, and structured assessment process.
Faculty members in DME
Dr. Amina Ahmad
Director Medical Education
MBBS (FJMC, Pb), MPhil Education (Cambridge University
UK.) MCPS-HPE (Pak), Doctoral Scholar (College of St. Mary,
BDS, CHPE, MHPE-1
Dr. Anam Zahra
Dr. Zain Gulzar