- How is FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry linked to the Fatima Memorial System?
- Is FMHCM&D is associated with Fatima Memorial Hospital, Shadman, Lahore?
- Is FMHCM&D accredited & recognized?
- Where is FMHCM&D located?
- What are the different courses offered @ FMHCM&D?
- How can I tell if I am a good candidate for FMHCM&D?
- Why study at FMHCM&D?
- How is the campus life at FMHCM&D?
- How is the faculty at FMHCM&D?
- How well do the students of FMHCM&D perform in the national and overseas exams?
- What can the FMHCM&D students do after they graduate?
- What do the students say about FMHCM&D?
- What accommodations facilities are available for students?
- From where can I get more information?
Q1: How is FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry linked to the Fatima Memorial System?
FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry (FMHCM&D) is an academic institution of the Fatima Memorial System (FMS). FMS today occupies a prime position in Pakistan’s healthcare industry, taking a leadership role not only in providing quality medical services by highly competent & professional staff but also in educating & developing all professionals allied to medicine for the healthcare sector’s future needs.
Q2: Is FMHCM&D is associated with Fatima Memorial Hospital, Shadman, Lahore?Fatima Memorial Hospital (FMH) is recognized by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) for clinical training of students of the FMHCM&D. From a hospital for Gynecology & Paediatrics in 1977, today after over three decades Fatima Memorial Hospital has emerged as a multidisciplinary, state-of-the-art healthcare organization providing world-class services to the rich & the poor alike. The healthcare specialist services provided by FMH are both comprehensive & extensive, covering the full spectrum of diagnostic, curative, therapeutic, rehabilitative & preventive medicine. FMH has been continually expanding facilities, enhancing services, & has invested heavily in sourcing state of the art equipment in line with latest technology.
Q3: Is FMHCM&D accredited & recognized?Yes, it is fully recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) & is affiliated with University of Health Sciences (UHS). It is listed both in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED), www.imed.ecfme.org & in the WHO Avicenna Directory.
Q4: Where is FMHCM&D located?The FMHCM&D has a purpose built campus located in Shadman, adjacent to the FMH, in the heart of Lahore, a city known for vibrant festivals & exciting activities. Lahore offers:
- Increasing number of educational & professional prospects,
- Immense opportunities to utilize your full potential and
- The climatic conditions suitable for working all year round. If history & architecture are your passion, in Lahore you would find an evocative mix, from formidable Mughal monuments to faded legacies of the British Raj. For those in search of spiritual sustenance, Lahore has Qawwali (Islamic devotional singing) & Sufism (Islamic mysticism) influences to explore.
Q5: What are the different courses offered @ FMHCM&D?MBBS – Bachelors of Medicine & Bachelors of Surgery
A five-year programme, in which the medical students will gain a thorough understanding of body systems & the biological sciences underlying medicine, as well as develop communication skills & gain substantial clinical experience.
BDS – Bachelors of Dentistry
This four year programme is taught in a modern, well equipped dental school. This is complimented by state of the art equipment & highly qualified dental teaching faculty. Dental teaching is separate from medical teaching, & the entire study programme is carefully tailored according to its needs.
Q6: How can I tell if I am a good candidate for FMHCM&D?
- F.Sc. Pre-Medical or equivalent (with a minimum of 60% marks & approved by Inter-Board Chairmen Committee)
- All candidates irrespective of their domicile/citizenship; have either appeared in the Entrance Test of the University of Health Sciences Lahore OR passed SAT-II examination with a minimum score of 550 in each subject i.e., Biology, Chemistry & Physics.
- The applicant has valid TOEFL or IELTS with a score of 500 or 5.5 in case he/she has obtained his / her required qualifications from those institutions where the medium of instruction was not English.
- Candidates with B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons.) and higher qualifications who are interested in pursuing Medical and Dental profession are encouraged to apply for admission in FMHCM&D after taking MCAT by UHS provided they fulfill the general rules for admission laid down by the university.
- Part of an old & experienced health system i.e. the Fatima Memorial System in Pakistan, established since 1977.
- State-of-the-art academic building, being one of the country’s most well equipped Medical & Dental College
- Purpose-designed skills laboratories that facilitate a range of teaching & learning techniques
- Educational programmes leading to career opportunities in a variety of healthcare settings
- Well-equipped library & computer facilities
- A teaching faculty dedicated to student’s success.
- Continuous assessment for both theoretical & practical experience
- Exposure to vast diversity of thought & experience, among all our faculty & students at FMS
- Active engagement in various settings with world-renowned experts & health care resources.
- Research & scholarly activities that are leading the medical and dental profession forward
- Placements for house job in FMH recognized by PMDC
- Opportunity for fellowship for our graduates in 13 disciplines recognized by CPSP
Q7: Why study at FMHCM&D?
Q8: How is the campus life at FMHCM&D?The purpose built campus is known for its convenient & serene environment & is located in the heart of Lahore. As an institution FMHCM&D is equipped with the most modern teaching facilities & latest equipment to impart an extremely vigorous curriculum. Studying at the FMHCM&D, gives it students the opportunity to explore many exciting avenues for their personal & professional development. The faculty & staff at the College provide immense support to provide an enriching academic experience. The learning resource center consists of a library & one hundred (100) computer work station equipped with all necessary facilities including high speed internet connectivity & online research journals availability. All lecture theaters are fully air conditioned & equipped with modern teaching aids. Museums are stocked with latest specimens & mannequins. Laboratories are equipped with latest equipment.
The campus is guarded with comprehensive security arrangements and CCTV. A vibrant range of extracurricular & co-curricular activities are also conducted regularly to make the student life at FMHCM&D even more enriching. The exciting ranges of activities are continuously being updated & cover diverse areas of interest such as debates, dramatics & community service.
Q9: How is the faculty at FMHCM&D?We are immensely proud of our excellent teaching faculty, majority being leaders in their respective fields. They are highly qualified, experienced & dedicated to promoting the medical teaching of today’s need. Amongst them we have distinguished medical & dental practitioners who are WHO fellows, members of the College of Physicians & Surgeons, PhD Scholars and members of the American Board of Regents & American College of Physicians. The professional experience & academic qualification of our faculty is world class & include diverse learning experiences from all across the globe.
Q10: How well do the students of FMHCM&D perform in national and overseas exams?The students score well above the national average & in a short span of 12 years, FMHCM&D has achieved academic recognition by getting 32 positions & 619 distinctions in the University of Health Sciences Examinations. Graduates of FMHCM&D have scored equally well internationally & have attained up to 99% in the USMLE Examination.
Q11: What can the FMHCM&D students do after they graduate?The Fatima Memorial Hospital is recognized by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) for house job training. Students of FMHCM&D are given preference during placements for house job at FMH. College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP) has approved 13 disciplines of FMH for post graduate training. Graduates of FMHCM&D get the opportunity to advance their professional careers though these fellowship programs. They get ample opportunity for community work & can be part of the various research projects being implemented by the Nur Centre for Research & Consulting, a collaborating partner of the FMS.
Q12: What do the students say about FMHCM&D?“The transition from the life in Abu Dhabi to the life in Lahore was not an easy one. However, the atmosphere, the students, the staff & administration were all truly fabulous. The teachers are gems in their fields & in short it is a home away from home. I am having the best time of my life & this is by far the best decision my parents made.” Tassadaq Hussain, 2nd Year MBBS
“Coming from Saudi Arabia I was feeling that it would be very difficult for me to study in a medical college. But after joining this institution it was like a dream come true because the college & hostel life both are great.” Suleman Akbar, 2nd Year MBBS
“FMHCM&D has provided me with a great learning experience, memories and friends. I am extremely happy with the quality and diversity offered at the college.” Anjum Kharal, 1st Year MBBS
Q13: What accommodations facilities are available for students?Accommodation to outstation & overseas students is arranged in the hostels managed by the FMHCM&D. The hostels provide single, shared, air conditioned or even furnished accommodation, subject to affordability & preference of the students. There are separate hostel facilities for girls & boys and the premises are staffed with a warden & other support staff to ensure comfort & security. Air conditioned transport shuttles are available for students. Students can make a request to FMHCM&D for transport facility.
Q14: From where can I get more information?Department of Students Affairs FMH College of Medicine & Dentistry Shadman, Lahore – 5400, Pakistan
UAN: +92-42-111-555-600 Ext 504/514/560/505