INTRODUCTION TO EXAMINATION DEPARTMENT
The Examination department of FMH College of Medicine and Dentistry was established in 2018 with the objective to centralize the assessment of learners. In this capacity, under the umbrella of Department of Medical Education, it has made tremendous growth to ensure “Assessment drives learning”. The Examination department endeavours to achieve quality assurance in assessments to comply with national standards, ascertained by PM&DC.
In order to train faculty in pertinent areas, the department proposes faculty training workshops, to the DME. The trained personnel ensure maintenance of quality and standards of the Examinations. An ‘Unfair Means Committee’ has been established by the Examination department, that maintains transparency of the department at all levels. The department plans to implement ‘Post Exam Analysis’ to enhance quality of items, item banking and teaching and learning practices. Recently OMR technology has been employed for MCQ paper checking and item analysis. Development of MCQ banks is also under way.
Our staff comprises of
- Prof. Javed Khalil (Controller of Examinations) M.B.B.S, M. Phil Pharmacology
- Dr. Mariam Arif (Deputy Controller) M.B.B.S, DMJ Forensic Medicine
- Dr. Faisal Izhar (Deputy Controller) B.D.S, F.C.P.S, M. Phil Community Dentistry
- Dr. Rudabah Khalid (Assistant Controller) B.D.S, CHPE, MHPE-I
- Mr. Muhammad Ammar Iqbal (Officer Examination Cell)
- Mr. Muhammad Mahfooz (Office Boy Examination Department)